Spring and Fall Cleanups
SPRING & FALL Cleanups
Spring Cleanups normally occur in March and Fall Cleanups normally occur in October. The dates are usually announced several weeks before cleanup begins. This page will always contain the most recent information.
LASTEST CONFIRMED INFO:
2023 Fall Cleanup to begin Tuesday, October 10, 2023
The Fall Cleanup for 2023 will begin on Tuesday 10/10/2023 and continue for three weeks ending on Friday 10/27/2023. See information below to see limitations and restrictions related to the collection please read the details included on this page. You can view the planned dates and routes through the link below:
Bi-Annual Bulk Collection Details
The City of Clarksburg regularly sponsors bi-annual *residential only* bulk collections/cleanups in the Spring (March) and Fall (October) for residents of Clarksburg.
Open trucks will be available to take items too large and bulky for normal garbage pick-up. IE: Stoves, washers, dryers, hot water tanks, electronic equipment such as televisions, microwaves or computers, and normal household items.
- Refrigerators, air conditioners, and freezers must be properly tagged, noting that all Freon has been professionally removed. Without proof of Freon removal, the above items will NOT be picked up.
- No normal household garbage and demolition /construction material, corrugated cardboard or broken glass (unless the broken glass is boxed or contained so that no one can get cut) will be taken.
- Limited to one small truck load per residence.
- No vehicle parts, batteries, tires or liquids (example- paint, sealer and etc.) will be picked up.
- Auto Zone at 106 W. Main & O'Reily Auto Parts at 788 W Pike St will accept used motor oil and car batteries.
- Clarksburg Scrap Metals at 702 N. Ohio Avenue and Nicholson Auto, Inc. at 168 Peck Street receives old vehicle parts and all appliances.
- The Harrison County Solid Waste Authority now excepts used tires for recycling. Call to arrange a drop-off: 304-326-0086
- To take advantage of this FREE service, Clarksburg residents are requested to place items at the curb or in the alley.
- PLACE ITEMS OUT THE EVENING BEFORE YOUR SCHEDULED DAY. Do not set out your items early.
- Small items must be boxed, bagged or tied. Nothing loose will be taken. All containers must be disposable and of a size and weight one man can hoist up into a dump truck bed.
- No materials from contractor’s jobs will be included in this free service. Items not properly prepared will NOT be taken.
- Yard Waste is not included in this pick-up, but will be picked up by our Compost Department truck on the designated day.
Any questions, feel free to contact the Public Works Center at 902 N. 3rd Street or phone (304) 624-1611 or (304) 624-1612.