The City Clerk is the main secretary for the Clarksburg Mayor and City Council. Council agendas, minutes and legal advertisements are performed by the City Clerk. During a City election, the City Clerk administers all election issues. Copies of all approved minutes of City Council, as well as City boards, commissions and committees can be found in the City Clerk's office.
City Clerk, Annette Wright
Additional functions performed by the City Clerk and/or office include:
- Prepares agendas and minutes for the Board of Zoning Appeals, Building Code Appeals Board, Fire Civil Service Commission, Municipal Building Commission, Fire Prevention Board of Appeals, Parking Authority, Planning and Zoning Commission, Police Civil Service Commission, Traffic Commission and Urban Renewal Authority.
- Maintains an up-to-date index of all ordinances and resolutions and makes all such records available for public inspection.
- Prepares and administers the "Oath of Office" to all individuals required to take such Oath.
- Certifies copies of City ordinances, minutes and other documentation, when necessary.
- Maintains all the City's permanent records.
- Processes all applications for rezoning, abandonment, special exceptions, variances, lot combinations, annexations and abandoned properties.
- City notary for all legal documents.
- Prepares and coordinates all Proclamation presentations in conjunction with the Mayor and Council schedules.
- Implements Police and Fire "eligibility" lists.
- Assists mayor with the Mayor's Youth Council.
2017 Clarksburg City Council and Clarksburg Water Board Election
Clarksburg residents interested in running for a seat on Clarksburg City Council or the Clarksburg Water Board in the City’s June 6, 2017 General Election may pick up forms in the office of City Clerk Annette Wright beginning Wednesday, March 1st. The City Clerk’s office is located on the 2nd floor of the Clarksburg Municipal Building.
Certificates of Candidacy must be filed in person, along with the $50 filing fee, in the City Clerk’s office between March 1 and March 15.
Ten (10) candidates for Clarksburg City Council and three (3) candidates for Clarksburg Water Board have filed Certificates of Announcement with the City Clerk as of the filing deadline on March 15th. The alphabetical order of those 10 candidates vying for four seats is as follows: Chuck Arnett, Margaret Bailey, Bob Caplan, Frank L. Ferrari, Marshall H. Goff, Ryan Kennedy, John “Lopie” Lopez, Jim Malfregeot, Thomas R. (Tom) Saunders and Dan Thompson.
The alphabetical order of the three candidates running for the two seats on Clarksburg Water Board are as follows: Al Cox, Paul J. Howe III and Shane “Hulio” Shreves.
The drawing for placement of candidates’ names on the City of Clarksburg’s June 6, 2017 Election ballot will be held as follows:
DATE/TIME: THURSDAY, MARCH 30, 2017
PLACE: COUNCIL CHAMBERS
CLARKSBURG MUNICIPAL BUILDING
All candidates and/or representatives are invited to attend. Drawing open to public.